Pitching your startup to investors just might be the most nerve-wracking aspect of starting your new business — well, besides the prospect of losing your shirt.
I get it. The last thing you want to do when you’re sleep-deprived and edgy and suffering startup angst is pitch it over… and over… and over again. It’s actually a pretty helpless feeling, asking strangers to decide on the fate of your new venture. If it’s your first or second venture, there can be a real learning curve, too. It takes time and feedback to get it right.
You don’t have to be talented or have amazing numbers to have a great pitch. Presenting few pitch presentations and books that can make anyone a standout.
Actual Startup Pitch Decks!
- Mixpanel — Our pitch deck that we used to raise $65M
- Buffer — The slide deck we used to raise half a million dollars
- Foursquare’s 1st Pitch Deck
- Linkedin Series B Pitch Deck
- Flowtab pitchbook
- task.ly pitch deck
- PopSurvey Pitch Deck
- Pitch deck for Kejahunt
- Alfred Pitch Deck
The Can’t Afford to Miss SlideShare Decks!
- How to Pitch a VC
- Build a Better Entrepreneur Pitch Deck
- How To Pitch An Angel
- My personal favorite: Perfecting Your Startup Pitch Presentation
- Elevators Need No Pitches You Need Them
- Mr VC here’s my Big Idea
- Everything You’re Doing Wrong With Your Pitch & How To Fix It
- Pitch Deck Templates for Startups
- Sequoia Capital Pitch Deck Template
- Five Disastrous Moves That Will Botch Your Pitch
Do you like to read books? No sweat start all over again!
- Get Backed: Craft Your Story, Build the Perfect Pitch Deck, and Launch the Venture of Your Dreams
- Hacking the Startup Investor Pitch: What Sequoia Capital’s Business Plan Framework Can Teach You about Building and Pitching Your Company
- How to Give an Elevator Pitch for Tech Start-Ups: Preparing and Delivering a Tech Start-Up Pitch.
- Fund Your Dreams!: Proven Tools for Pitching Investors
- The Startup Pitch: A Proven Formula to Win Funding
- The Next Step: Guiding you from idea to startup
- Mastering the VC Game: A Venture Capital Insider Reveals How to Get From Start-up to IPO on Your Terms
- To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others
- Venture Capital For Dummies
- What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know: An Insider Reveals How to Get Smart Funding for Your Billion Dollar Idea
As always, let me know your thoughts on the topic. I’d love to hear your ideas and views in the comments below.
Also, if you would like to read more captivating stuff on the topics of entrepreneurship, marketing, social media, leadership, technology, innovation and venture capital via my regular posts then please click ‘Follow’ and feel free to connect via SlideShare, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.