Yet Another Bucket List of 25 Awesome Must Read Books for Startup Entrepreneurs!
“If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook.
No one ever said it was easy being an entrepreneur. Whether you’re in the early stages of your statrup, just secured funding for your startup or you are ready for product launch, there will always be time when you ask yourself if this whole entrepreneur thing is worth it. Instead of giving up and throwing-in the proverbial white towel, keep your head up and risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.
Most entrepreneurs need guidance and constant inspiration, especially when they hit a wall. Here’s an exhaustive list of little over 25 books that entrepreneurs should read.
- The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
- Zero to One: Notes Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
- The Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki
- The Universe Doesn’t Give a Flying Fuck About You
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #JoinTheRide
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The 7 Day Startup: You Don’t Learn Until You Launch
- Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster (Lean Series)
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
- Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup
- Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business
- How Will You Measure Your Life?
- The Nudist on the Late Shift: And Other True Tales of Silicon Valley
- Losing My Virginity: How I Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way
- Nail It then Scale It: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Creating and Managing Breakthrough Innovation
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers
- Four Steps to Epiphany
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Four Thousand Days: My Journey From Prison To Business Success
- Selling to Steve Jobs: Simple Sales Lessons Learned
- You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar : The Sandler Sales Institute’s 7-Step System for Successful Selling
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator
Which are your favorites? Do you want to add anything to this list? Please don’t forget to share this list with someone who is passionate about Entrepreneurship!
Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait, the grip of your hand and the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. — Henry Ford
When you love what you do, you have the passion you’ll need to fuel the often intense road of entrepreneurship. Keep that passion alive.
As always, let me know your thoughts on the topic. I’d love to hear your ideas and views in the comments below.
Also, if you would like to read more captivating stuff on the topics of entrepreneurship, marketing, social media, leadership, technology, innovation and venture capital via my regular posts then please click ‘Follow’ and feel free to connect via SlideShare, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.